Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy
Madebyteachers.com has adopted the following policy toward copyright and intellectual property infringement in accordance with U.S. intellectual property laws and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). Our policy is to remove material that we believe in good faith to be infringing on a copyrighted work. Additionally, we disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who we believe in good faith are repeatedly infringing copyrighted works.
If a work is under copyright, you will need to obtain permission from the copyright owner in order to use any of the work in your product.
Procedure for Reporting Copyright or Intellectual Property Infringements
If you believe that material or a product residing on or accessible through the Made By Teacher’s website or services infringes a copyright or other intellectual property right, you must send a notice of the alleged infringement to the Made By Teacher’s designated agent (Designated Agent) listed at the end of this policy. Your notice to the Designated Agent must include the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed on our website;
- Identification of the material that you claim has infringed on the identified copyrighted work, including (a) a description of how the material in question is using the copyrighted work in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, and (b) a description of where the material in question is located on the Made By Teacher’s website, with sufficient detail that we may verify the existence of the material on the web site;
- Your contact information, including your full name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
- Statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted materials is not authorized by the copyright holder, its agents, or the law;
- Statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information provided in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright holder or are the authorized to act on behalf of the copyright holder;
- A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright holder.
Removal of Infringing Material
We will review your notice once received. If your notice contains all of the required information under the DMCA, and if we believe in good faith that the material in question is being used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, then we will promptly remove or disable access to the infringing material.
If material that you have posted on our site has been removed or disabled due to alleged copyright infringement, you may send our Designated Agent a counter-notification containing the following information:
- Identification of the material that has been removed or disabled, including a description of the where the material in question appeared on the Made By Teacher’s website before it was removed or disabled;
- Statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or blocked as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material in question;
- Your contact information, including full name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
- Statement by you that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which your address is located or, if your address is outside of the USA, for the judicial district in which Made By Teachers is located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement;
- A physical or electronic signature.
Once received, Made By Teachers will review your counter-notification and will take action that we believe in good faith to be appropriate.
DESIGNATED AGENT & CONTACT INFORMATION
Submit a Notice or Counter-Notice to our Designated Agent by email or mail with the following contact information:
MBT World, Inc.
Attn: Copyright Team
1001 Bayhill Drive STE 200
San Bruno, Ca 94066