Celebrate 4th of July with this hat and at the same time get your child/student to know more about shapes.
Format: US Letter, PDF
Number of pages: 6 (including cover and TOU pages)
Follow me on Instagram @annesschoolhouse
Note to Teachers/Parents
1) If students are learning about shapes, you can have a mini-lesson on stars and rectangles.
2) You may wish to show a sample of a completed hat before getting students to assemble it.
3) Alternatively, students can create an 4th of July Independence Day hat with the given shapes on their own.
4) To add an element of fun and competition, groups of students can compete to see which group can assemble the hat in the quickest time.
5) If students are going to wear the hat, do use firmer paper. Two small holes are to be created at the sides of the hat, so that strings can be used to make this assembly into a wearable hat.
Materials needed: paper, scissors, glue, string