This ELA Satire Reading Test Prep Quiz Pack for “A Modest Proposal” by Jonathan Swift contains 20 reading comprehension QUESTIONS and ANSWERS for high school students, which focus on the Common Core standards and are modeled after various state exams to make teaching satirical texts a SIMPLE task!
My goal is for test prep to become a natural and easy part of the curriculum, instead of something else you have to create. Give yourself a breath of fresh air with this NO PREP curriculum that integrates test prep within the teaching of literature!
Just PRINT and TEACH!
Types of Questions:
- Multiple Choice
- HOT Text
- Two-Part Question
One of the things I struggle with the most is preparing my students for all kinds of exams that they will encounter. With this EASY-TO-TEACH reading comprehension packet, you can practice with your students, so they will feel more confident analyzing satire for theme/central idea, words/phrases, citing evidence, structure, author’s claims, and author’s purpose. They are great for pull-outs, push-ins, whole groups, small groups, or sub plans!
This product includes the following:
- 20 Common Core Style Questions and Answers
- Multiple-Choice Quiz Option (based on the teaching questions)
- Answer Keys and Explanations
- Reading Questions Activity that helps students to answer the quiz questions
- Detailed Step-By-Step Lesson Plan
- Copy of the essay
- Standards: Central Idea/Theme, Words/Phrases, Citing Evidence, Author’s Claims, Author’s Purpose, Development, Validity, and Structure