With this resource, students practice essential reading comprehension skills including main idea, context clues, vocabulary, and text features while learning about bees.To complete this activity, students will:
- Read each page, using context clues to fill in the missing information.
- Determine main idea and choose the correct title for each chapter (cut and paste).
- Complete the table of contents by adding the titles in the correct spot (cut and paste).
- Use the glossary to understand new vocabulary about owls.
- Complete a text features activity (using a table to organize information).
- How bees help us
- The queen
- Worker bees
- Bee life cycle
Includes links to supplemental websites and videos to support student learning.
What are Interactive Reading Comprehension Books?
These books provide a great way to integrate social studies or science content into your reading instruction. Students will learn all about a specific topic while working with informational text, using text features, determining main idea, and gaining new vocabulary. These are hands-on, cut and glue activity books that can be used in centers, small group, or for independent work. High interest text keeps them engaged.