A packet of activities and resources for an engaging unit on animals and animal adaptations. Aligns to NGSS 4-LS1-1 and NGSS 3-LS4-2. The packet contains all of the resources below.
1. Bird’s Beaks Different objects model bird beak adaptations. This resource provides teacher information and student activity sheets. Result tables are included as is a graphing activity worksheet that has custom graph paper. There is also a cut and sort activity.
2. Blubber Reading Comprehension The reading comprehension passage covers blubber and animals that live in cold ocean waters and comes with a multiple choice question sheet. Student are always impressed by the blubber experiment!
3. Animal Adaptations Worksheets Three worksheets for animal adaptations, including matching animals to their physical structures, writing worksheet, and cut and paste worksheet. Answer key included
4. Vertebrate Bar Graph and Sort Activity A bar graph where students must identify, record, and graph the number of each animal group. The student data sheet is provided, as is custom graph paper. Can differentiate. The sort activity has students sorting vertebrates and invertebrates.
5. Animal Venn Diagrams Seven Venn diagrams on animals. Each printable also contains clip art images of the animal groups that are being compared. An answer key for each is provided.
• This product is not editable.
• Please take a minute to read the product description and to view the thumbnails provided for this product.
• All products are for individual use in a single classroom. If you’re interested in sharing with other teachers or parents, please “Buy Licenses to Share” at a discount off the product price.
• All sales on digital resources are considered final.
• If you have technical issues, MbT requests that you contact their support team for technical assistance.
Dr. David Purvis. After obtaining a PhD in Microbiology, I switched careers and became a middle school and elementary science teacher because I loved kids. Almost thirty years later I have taught science in some context to every grade level from pre-K to college education classes. My store offers rigorous resources that align meaningful content, an inquiry approach, NGSS standards, and student interest.
Copyright by Dr. Dave’s Science. All Rights Reserved.