Files will be available for download from your account once payment is confirmed. Learn more.
Please contact the seller about any problems with your order using the question button below the description.
Help students go beyond general comprehension and develop close reading analysis skills with this set of challenging questions covering chapter 1 of Animal Farm by George Orwell. This formative assessment minimizes take-home lesson planning responsibilities, saving teachers valuable time without sacrificing academic rigor. An answer key is provided. Materials are delivered in Word Document and PDF formats. By completing this exercise, students will:
- Identify what the text states explicitly and implicitly
- Infer the greater significance of a given detail
- Discern the main function of a given passage
- Consider how the author achieves a humorous tone
- Explore how complex characters think, behave, develop, and interact
- Apply knowledge of literary devices including personification and verisimilitude
- Conduct brief research on the beliefs of German philosopher Karl Marx
- Articulate whether Major’s speech reflects a belief in Marxist ideology
- Cite relevant textual evidence in support of claims
- Write about literature with clarity, accuracy, and precision
This resource may facilitate small-group discussions in which students decode language and pose/respond to questions relating to plot, broad topics, and character development. Using this resource for structured guidance, students will improve their ability to present information, conclusions, and supporting textual evidence clearly and convincingly.