Use these Tall Tale Character Poetry Activity Sheets during your class study of Annie Oakley or Tall Tales Unit. Great poetry activity for literacy/poetry center or your substitute file. I’ve included pages to walk your students through the writing process, sample pages, graphics to color and more!
Pick and choose what you want to use from this 15 page resource!
- Format of poem Handout as well as Samples of the graphic organizer and final poem provided. Paul Bunyan poem is used on the example pages.
- Graphic Organizer guides students to brainstorm words and ideas they will need for the poem as they read and study about the character.
- Draft page. This page guides students to fill in each line. Then, they do a spell check with each other and you.
- Final Draft Writing Pages. Students write the final draft of their entire poem. There is a portrait page option with Color graphics as well as one with B&W graphics. Two landscape options available with different line choices with no clip art.
- Preposition List for students to refer to in creating their prepositional phrases. Comes in Color as well as B&W.
- Graphics for students to color, cut and glue along with their final poem. All get mounted on a 12″ x 18″ piece of construction paper.