There is nothing better to solidify the students understanding of Physics than to have them build a bridge. Many times, students look forward to this project all marking period.
These are NGSS-aligned lessons. Your students will engage in the three-dimensional learning by analyzing data, discussing with other students, designing experiments, and computing multiple-step calculations.
– Write A Research Paper On Their Bridge
– Make A Blue Print of Their Bridge
– Test Out The Efficiency Of Their Bridge (Efficiency = mass carried/mass of bridge)
– Simple Video Instructions Are Given For How To Break The Bridges (Everything can be bought at Home Depot)
– 7-Day Pacing Guide is given breaking down the project day by day
– Balsa Wood or Basswood
– Wax Paper