Bingo is a great way to review. This game is to be used at the end of the poem as the clues/answers cover the entire poem.
- Call Sheets
- 30 Bingo Cards / Each are numbered / Free space is a Viking.
- Print the call sheets and cards
- Laminate the call sheets and cards if desired
- Decide a way to mark the cards – small manipulatives, plastic bottle tops, or a marker
Decide the type of play
- 4 corners
Let’s Play Bingo
- Distribute a card to each student.
- Explain type of play.
- Each of the answers has multiple clues. The main characters have at least 3 clues so that you can play the game several times and have different clues.
- Call one clue for each answer per game.
- As you call the clue, highlight or check off the clue.
The spaces on the cards are filled randomly with the following 30 answers:
Grendel, Beowulf, Hrothgar, Ecgetheow, Unferth, Wealhtheow, Wiglaf, Herot, Hrunting, Barrow, Brecca, Higlac, Thane, Mead, Grendel’s Mother, Dragon, Alliteration, Aeschere, Kenning, Wyrd, Scop, Epic Hero, Grendel’s Arm, 50 Years, 14 Men, Sailors, Boast, Helfdane, Moor, Shield Sheafson