A Literacy Book Companion Unit with Comprehension & Fun Activities, based on the book Franklin’s Thanksgiving , by Paulette Bourgeois & Brenda Clark. (Book not included). Reading Level 3.2.
This 31-page packet provides a variety of levels to reach each individual student. Please see preview pages and descriptions below . Worksheets include lined paper for easy handwriting practice:
31 Pages Total Include:
* 10 Comprehension short-answer questions
* 10 Multiple Choice Questions
* answer sheet (corresponds with both sets)
* Story Elements : Who, What, When, Where, Main Idea, Problem Solving
* Step By Step : First, Next, Then, Last
* Vocabulary : 10 words from the book with match-up definitions
* Vocabulary Answer Sheet
* Reflection : Connection, Text-to-Self, Steps You Would Give to Set up a Thanksgiving Table.
* 20-Word Search page
* 10 Word Scramble page
* Spelling Words : 10 words plus 1 Bonus, from the book, on lined paper
* Spelling Test : blank, lined paper
* Story Map
* Title Page
* Design & Detail illustrating page : Design your own Harvest Quilt below.
Describe some of your favorite squares.
* Cause & Effect : Fill in the Cause & Effect blanks
* Opinion Journal : What did you think? What would you change?
* ABC Order : 20 words from the book
* Book Report : Who is the author? Fiction or Non Fiction? Characters? Favorite part? Rate this book!
* Rhyme Time : 15 words from the book, to match up to 15 rhyming words
* Writing Prompt : with shaped lined paper : My Favorite Thanksgiving
* Contractions : 9 contractions to combine, or separate
* Follow the instructions : coloring, addition/subtraction using photos
· Follow the instructions : counting pictures , left/right
* Acrostic Poem : PUMPKIN
* Compare & Contrast Venn Diagram: Franklin Vs Owl
* Math : 12 simple addition problems
* Math : answer sheet