These Bio Poem and Writing Papers Sets (writing papers come in both Letter, Legal, Color and B&W variations!) are a great research and poetry writing activity for a lesson, literacy or poetry center or even your substitute file! Or, use the Writing Papers for your own writing activity or prompt!
They include pages for people from history to walk your students through the writing process. It also includes Example Pages to show them what a completed rough draft and final copy may look like.
Set 1 Historical People
Set 2 Black History
Set 3 Women in History
Set 4 Famous Artists
Set 5 Sports Figures
Set 6 Hispanic Heritage & Latino Leaders
Set 7 Scientists & Inventors
Set 8 Women in STEM
Set 9 U.S. Presidents
Set 10 Famous Canadians
Set 11 Asian American and Pacific Islander
The poem has a biographical research slant to it. Students are asked to research the person and find the following information:
1. First and Last Name
2. 3-4 words that describe the person
3. an important relationship the person had
4. things the person enjoyed
5. things the person valued
6. things the person learned
7. things the person achieved
8. something the person is remembered for
9. where the person lived
10. date of birth and death
These resources include the following options for EACH person:
- Graphic Organizer guides students to brainstorm words and ideas they will need for the poem as they read and study about the person.
- Draft page. This page guides students to fill in each line. Then, they do a spell check with each other and you.
- 2 Final Draft Writing Pages – LETTER Sized (8.5″ x 11″) Color and B&W Clip Art versions. Students write the final draft of their entire poem.
- 2 Final Draft Writing Pages – LEGAL Sized (8.5″ x 14″) Color and B&W Clip Art versions. Great for students with larger handwriting or who need more space! Students write the final draft of their entire poem.
They also include the following:
- Description of the Files in the Bundle Page
- Table of Contents
- List of People in each Bundle in the form of a Check Off Sheet for Teacher Use Use as a sheet to assign students and check off each part of the project. I pop these on a clip board to mark for the duration of the project. I check off Org. (graphic organizer), R.D. (rough draft), and Final (published piece) as students complete each part. This way, I know where in the process each student is at and can plan accordingly.
- Teacher Example of the Rough Draft Page. Abraham Lincoln is used on this example page.
- Teacher Example of the Final Draft Page. Abraham Lincoln is used on this example pages. (Typed and handwritten versions.)
- BONUS Pages! I’ve included Generic Graphic Organizer, Draft Page and Publishing Pages that have no clip art. Use these for students who want to research a person not in this Bundle.
- Additional PDFs of just Legal Writing Pages and just Letter Writing Pages allows you to print the Writing Pages by themselves easily.
**Please see individual products for the people included. FYI: A handful of people are in multiple sets.