Here are some activity sheets that you can pick and choose from for your Book Care unit.
These are pirate and treasure themed as I needed some activities to go along with my read aloud of the book by Carolyn Crimi (book not included).
1. “I Treasure Books” Activity. Students draw a picture of a way they take care of books and color the illustration. – 2 pages (one boy and one girl pirate themed)
2. “Books are Treasure” Activity. Students draw a cover for their favorite book and make sure to add the title and author. – 1 page
3. Bookshelf “Book Rules” Activity. Students write four important book care rules. – 2 pages – 1 with writing lines and one without.
4. YOUR Writing Prompt/Coloring/Writing Activity – Students color the top portion and write a sentence or two below it. You choose what you want them to write about. – 2 pages (one boy and one girl pirate themed)
5. “How to Take Care of a Book” Activity – Students use first, next, then and last to explain how to take care of a book. – 1 sheet
6. Generic writing paper with book clip art. Comes with boxes on top for illustrations and a variety of lines for writing. – 3 sheets
7. “Books are Treasure” bookmarks to color and keep.