SEL LESSON ON FORGIVENESS, UNDERSTANDING & EMPATHY
This SEL workbook has been developed to support teenagers to understand the importance of forgiveness, understanding and empathy in building strong relationships.
In today’s world, it is important for teenagers to have strong relationships with friends, family, and others. However, conflicts and misunderstandings can arise in any relationship, making it difficult to maintain a positive and supportive environment. This is where forgiveness, understanding, and empathy come in.
This resource includes:
- What is forgiveness?
- Forgiveness is like…
- Reflective Questions
- Forgiveness, Understanding & Empathy
- What does it mean to be understanding?
- What is empathy and what does it mean to be empathetic?
- Meet Emma (Social Narrative & Worksheet)
- 4 steps to the perfect apology (includes scenario, script and worksheet)
- 4 steps to forgiveness (includes scenario, script and worksheet)
- Role Play Scenarios
- 48 Scenario Cards with reflective questions