Your young learners will love these code-breaker activities in the weeks leading up to Christmas and over winter break! Use the code to uncover the hidden message on each activity!
- 8 different Christmas themed code-breaker hidden phrases
- 4 different Winter themed code-breaker hidden phrases (perfect for students who do not celebrate Christmas, but still winter-themed)
- 2 different code keys at the top of the pages
- An answer key at the end of resource so that teachers can keep track of the hidden phrases
When I use these code breakers for my own class, I make all 12 into a packet that students work on during reading centers the whole week leading up to Christmas. After a student breaks the code and uncovers the message, I usually have them draw a picture of the hidden message on the back to make it even more fun!
- Rudolph the red nosed reindeer!
- Have a holly, jolly Christmas!
- That’s the Jingle Bell Rock!
- Rocking around the Christmas tree!
- Santa Claus is coming to town!
- Let’s go caroling out in the snow!
- Have a very Merry Christmas!
- Follow your Elf on a Shelf!
- Do you want to build a snowman? (winter-themed)
- Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! (winter-themed)
- Let’s have a big snowball fight! (winter-themed)
- Don’t forget your hat and gloves! (winter-themed)