Are you looking for thematic activities to supplement your academic instruction or help student better access grade-level curriculum? Are you interested in teaching your students about Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa?
These thematic vocabulary, reading, math, cooking, communication, and content activities are the perfect addition to your thematic group instruction! Each unit contains 12 different unit activities in color and black & white and is specifically designed to meet the unique needs of students with disabilities.
Who is it for?
- Preschool or Elementary special education classrooms
- Students using alternate academic standards
- Students needing accessible academic materials to accommodate grade-level curriculum
- : contains vocabulary, visual recipes, read aloud communication boards, weekend reports for home communication, math, and content (Science/Language/or Social Studies)
- : all activities include a color and black & white version, set-up tips, ways to implement during group, 1:1, and independent work times, and differentiation tips for accommodating or extending learning for every activity (see preview for details).
- : hands-on activities encourage interaction and communication
- : using PCS from Mayer Johnson (used with permission)
- : due to similar formatting across units
- : most activities simply need printed but can be laminated or made into velcro boards for increased durability and interaction
- : I have developed and used these activities over many years of teaching in a special education classroom
What’s Included? (see preview for details):
- Activities in this Holiday Traditions include (see preview for details):
- Vocabulary Word and Picture Cards
- Visual Recipes (2)
- Weekend Report for home communication (2)
- Reading Communication Board for popular picture books (3)
- Social Studies Activity
- Math Activities (2)
- Set-Up Instructions
- Implementation Tips for Whole/Small Group, 1:1, and independent work times for each activity
- Differentiation Tips for Accommodating and Extending each activity to meet student needs
© Miss Allison’s SpEd Spot
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to only single classroom use only. If you would like to share this with a friend or colleague, please ask them to visit my store and download the file directly.