This set of activities will help students understand workers in their community and the jobs they do. Includes workers and jobs, vehicles, and city services.
- Helpers and Jobs Sorting Cards – Match the picture of the worker with the correct name and job description. These work well as a whole group pocket-chart activity. Includes 26 cards.
- Workers, Vehicles, and City Buildings Cards – These make a fun matching activity for young learners or vocabulary development for your ESL/ELL students. Includes 11 community buildings, 12 work vehicles, and 19 job cards. Students match the job with the vehicle they use or the building where they work.
- “When I Grow Up” Color and Write Booklet – 12 page printable book that describes how different workers help the community. The last page is a writing/drawing activity.
- Cut-and-Glue Worksheets – Students color the worker and add labels to the diagram. Includes 7 worksheets: police officer, mail carrier, fire fighter, veterinarian, artist, lawyer, and construction worker.
- Thank You Letter Template
A variety of people are represented in this resource including both male and female workers with different skin colors.