Looking for something exciting for a project based learning unit? This resource focuses on the study of cones. This is a lesson plan that will guide you through the process of using biomimicry and steam activities you through to inspire students to ask questions, study cones and use creative thinking to explore ideas.
Cones have spirals and they open and close depending upon the level of moisture. Why not use cones as inspiration for bold new designs of houses or cities?
These activities are fun and engaging.
Feel inspired, Be Creative and Make Change.
1. Why teach biomimicry
2. Getting Started Guide
3. Things I love about cones
4. Acrostic poem
5. Describe a cone
6. Fibonacci numbers
7. Design challenge – Fibonacci numbers
8. Design a city – – Fibonacci numbers
9. Scales open and close
10. Story writing -planning
11. Write a story about innovation
12. How to use biomimicry in the classroom – inspiration and ideas