The box of Constructive Blue Triangles is used in the elementary Montessori classroom to explore equivalency, congruency and similarity.
The direct aim of the material is:
- To experiences sensorially the concept of 360 degrees in a circle.
- To develop the logical mathematical mind.
- To indirectly prepare for the concept of equivalence and the derivation of area.
- To give the child practical experience in plane geometry.
- To come to a point of consciousness that the triangles are called ‘constructive’ because they construct other rectilinear shapes.
Use this printable to make your own constrictive triangles. Ideally, this would be printed on blue cardstock because the authentic material is coloured blue on both sides.
These triangles have been designed to match the original specifications. These triangles will be compatible with authentic Montessori constructive triangle materials.
*Please message me if you have any questions; I am happy to help.