These context clues task cards and anchor charts were created for 4th, 5th, and 6th grade. It requires students to use context to make meaning, as well as identify the words or phrases that helped them understand the meaning of an unknown word.
This context clues task cards product includes:
- anchor charts that will help students identify clues in text
- 34 task cards on half sheets
- answer sheet
- answer key
The following vocabulary words are used in this context clues product: rendition, momentum, abundance, deliberately, durable, qualified, technique, postponed, morale, eligible, subsequent, indicated, compartment, diverged, scarce, hindsight, archaic, acquaintance, savory, contagious, antisocial, accountable, endeavor, aversion, implemented, emphatically, emphasis, rigorous, reference, prominent, deterrent, plethora, fatigue, obscure
These context clues task cards can be used in stations, small groups, centers, or for early finishers and includes answer sheets as well as the answer keys.
NOTE: This product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The digital portion instructions appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
This file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides and there is an additional option in Google Forms (not self-grading because the questions are open-ended).
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.