Escape game style review for operations with decimals!
This will be your students’ favorite decimal activity of the year! Students will practice 5th grade decimal operations in this breakout style game. Similar to escape rooms or breakout challenges, each task will unlock another, until the final task is unlocked, and students escape. Students will love working collaboratively as a team to “escape” your classroom!
Differentiated task options are provided to help you meet each student’s needs. Complete setup and teaching instructions are included. This resource is Common Core aligned for fifth grade, but also makes a great review for older grade levels.
- Adding decimals (money)
- Subtracting decimals (money)
- Multiplying a decimal by a whole number
- Dividing a decimal to the hundredths place by a one digit divisor
- Making change
- Problem solving
- All printable materials needed for the escape game
- Student presentation explaining the game
- Complete game setup instructions
- Differentiated tasks for students needing extra support or challenge
*You will need locking boxes and locks or large envelopes in order to complete this activity. I have provided instructions for a budget friendly option, using materials you can probably already find at school. If you choose to purchase boxes and locks, they can be reused with any of my Math Escape Games.
Copyright © Chalk & Apples.
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.