With this activity, students will learn all about dolphins while practicing essential reading comprehension skills including main idea, context clues, vocabulary, and text features.
- Physical Features
- The Dolphin Family
- Kinds of Dolphins
To complete this activity, students will:
- Read each page, using context clues and the word bank to fill in missing information.
- Determine main idea and choose the correct title for each chapter (cut and glue).
- Complete the table of contents by adding the titles in the correct spot (cut and glue).
- Use the glossary to understand new vocabulary.
- Complete the text features activity – use a diagram, create a table.
Includes links to supplemental websites and videos.
What are Interactive Reading Comprehension Books?
These books provide a great way to integrate social studies or science into your reading instruction. Students will learn all about a specific topic while working with informational text, using text features, determining main idea, and gaining new vocabulary. These are hands-on, cut and glue activity books that can be used in centers, small group, or for independent work. High interest text keeps them engaged.