Earth Day | Invest in Trees, Science, Geometry NGSS
for something exciting for Earth Day or an environment inspired unit?
Here is a resource that focuses on trees. Included is a geometry unit.
Feel inspired, Be Creative and Make Change.
are you waiting for? Purchase this fun, educational and engaging
resource now and give your students a science and geometry activity and
This package contains:
1. What do trees do for me?
2. Invest in trees – things that trees provide us and animals with
3. Tree and earth Day words
4. The underground network of trees! – Wood Wide Web
5. Can you explain why trees are important?
7. Life cycle – oak tree
8. Invest in trees – action plan
9. Invest in trees – make a leaflet
10. How to plant trees for climate change?
11. 3x Posters Shape of Trees – color, printer-friendly version and version that can be used to assess the learning
12. Color by sides – count how many sides each shape has and color according to the key x2
2. Count how many there are of each shape – x1
3. Finish drawing the shape – x2
5. Mind Map – make a mind map with shape – x2
6. Cards x12
Reviews of other Sparking Children’s Thinkibility products:
Project based learning: Bats, STEAM, Biomimicry
“This product is absolutely the favorite one I have purchased all fall! I love the information that is provided about bats – just enough to intrigue and encourage higher level thinking. There are graphic organizers, worksheets, and subtle suggestions to help young learners perform at their best! And best of all, it stretches their creativity! Thanks for such an amazing resource!”
Project based learning: Mammals, Reptiles & Amphibians – STEAM, Biomimicry, NGSS
“Used this for a Kindergarten STEAM club unit and it was a hit!”
Why am I qualified to write these environment resources?
In 2015, I completed a course in Making Sense of Climate Change Denial
at the University of Queensland. I was a member of BEN – Biomimicry
Education Network – and a curator of educational resources at BEN. I
am the author of the book Biomimicry with Theo & Tuva: Nature
spotting inspires wild ideas. In 2015, I completed a course in
Biomimicry: A Sustainable Design Methodology at Minneapolis
College of Art and Design. I took part in the Biomimicry Design
Challenge in 2021.
download is a PDF and is formatted in US Letter size. If you would
prefer an alternate sizing, A4 size or spelling (colour vs color
etc.), please leave me a note in the ‘ask a question section of my
#EarthDay #environment #tree #geometry STEAM #STEM #NGSS #biomimicry #scienceproject #sparkingchildrensthinkibility #thinkdive #asajomard