An amazing example of energy transfer that aligns to NGSS 4-PS3-4. Students build a simple double pendulum out of string and weights. When one pendulum is swung, its energy will be transferred to the other pendulum and then back and forth again! A great demonstration how mechanical energy gets transferred in this STEM activity. Teacher information and student activity sheets provided.
This resource is also found in a full ENERGY UNIT BUNDLE
• This product is not editable.
• Please take a minute to read the product description and to view the thumbnails provided for this product.
• All products are for individual use in a single classroom. If you’re interested in sharing with other teachers, parents, or facilitators, please “Buy Licenses to Share” at a discount off the product price.
• All sales on digital resources are considered final.
• If you have technical issues, MbT requests that you contact their support team for technical assistance.
Dr. David Purvis. After obtaining a PhD in Microbiology, I switched careers and became a middle school and elementary science teacher because I loved kids. Almost thirty years later I have taught science in some context to every grade level from pre-K to college education classes. My store offers rigorous resources that align meaningful content, an inquiry approach, NGSS standards, and student interest.
Copyright by Dr. Dave’s Science. All Rights Reserved.