This project is a great way for students to learn about their family heritage and gain a better sense of where they came from. Students are encouraged to create their own family tree and conduct their own research of their family. This resource includes templates, worksheets and all of the resources that is needed to create their own family tree. An example family tree and questions has been included to support children’s understanding of family trees and how different family members relate to each other.
This resource includes:
– What is a family and a family tree?
– Family Quote Poster
– Definitions: Heritage, Ancestry, Tradition
– Exploring Family Trees (hypothetical family tree and questions)
– Exploring Your Own Family
– My Family Tree Template
– My Family Interview Questions
– Other Questions (you might want to ask family)
– Create your own Family Tree Templates (tree, leaves, labels, blank templates, family member visuals)