This guided Famous Artists Bio Poem Activity and Writing Papers Set (writing papers come in both Letter, Legal, Color and B&W variations!) is a great research and poetry writing activity for a lesson, literacy or poetry center or even your substitute file! Or, use the Writing Papers for your own writing activity or prompt!
It includes pages for 33 people from history to walk your students through the writing process. It also includes Example Pages to show them what a completed rough draft
and final copy may look like.
Want more? See the MEGA Bio Poem BUNDLE Here.
This poem has a biographical research slant to it. Students are asked to research the person and find the following information:
1. First and Last Name
2. 3-4 words that describe the person
3. an important relationship the person had
4. things the person enjoyed
5. things the person valued
6. things the person learned
7. things the person achieved
8. something the person is remembered for
9. where the person lived
10. date of birth and death
This resource includes the following options for EACH person in the set:
- Graphic Organizer guides students to brainstorm words and ideas they will need for the poem as they read and study about the person.
- Draft page. This page guides students to fill in each line. Then, they do a spell check with each other and you.
- 2 Final Draft Writing Pages – LETTER Sized (8.5″ x 11″) Color and B&W Clip Art versions. Students write the final draft of their entire poem.
- 2 Final Draft Writing Pages – LEGAL Sized (8.5″ x 14″) Color and B&W Clip Art versions. Great for students with larger handwriting or who need more space! Students write the final draft of their entire poem.
It also includes the following:
- Description of the Files in the Bundle Page
- Table of Contents
- List of People in this Bundle in the form of a Check Off Sheet for Teacher Use Use as a sheet to assign students and check off each part of the project. I pop these on a clip board to mark for the duration of the project. I check off Org. (graphic organizer), R.D. (rough draft), and Final (published piece) as students complete each part. This way, I know where in the process each student is at and can plan accordingly.
- Teacher Example of the Rough Draft Page. Abraham Lincoln is used on this example page.
- Teacher Example of the Final Draft Page. Abraham Lincoln is used on this example pages. (Typed and handwritten versions.)
- BONUS Pages! I’ve included Generic Graphic Organizer, Draft Page and Publishing Pages that have no clip art. Use these for students who want to research a person not in this Bundle.
- Additional PDFs of just Legal Writing Pages and just Letter Writing Pages allows you to print the Writing Pages by themselves easily.
Alma Woodsey Thomas
Emily Kame Kngwarreye
Hilma af Klint
Leonardo da Vinci
Tamara de Lempicka
Vincent van Gogh
* Please be advised that some people are included in multiple sets and may be in a set you already own.