Files will be available for download from your account once payment is confirmed. Learn more.
Please contact the seller about any problems with your order using the question button below the description.
Evaluate comprehension and support the development of close reading analysis skills with this bundle of resources covering chapters 19 through 21 of Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. A plot-based quiz, close reading worksheet, vocabulary application activity, crossword puzzle, word search game, copy of the relevant chapters, and answer keys are provided. Materials are delivered in printable Word Document and PDF formats.
By engaging with these materials, students will:
- Identify what the text states explicitly and implicitly
- Determine the meaning of unfamiliar and complex words
- Consult reference materials in order to learn and verify word meanings
- Discern the most proper application of words as they are used in sentences
- Determine the intended effect of Victor’s dialogue in context
- Examine how complex characters think, behave, develop, and interact
- Compare Victor and Justine
- Apply knowledge of literary devices including foreshadowing, metaphor, and aposiopesis
- Make logical predictions about plot in context
- Consider themes in context with emphasis on the topic of systemic inequity
- Support claims and inferences with sound reasoning and relevant evidence
- Write about literature with clarity, accuracy, and precision
This resource may facilitate small-group discussions in which students decode language and pose/respond to questions relating to plot, broad topics, and character development. Using this resource for structured guidance, students will improve their ability to present information, conclusions, and supporting textual evidence clearly and convincingly.
Materials are available for teaching a variety of texts such as: