This is a full 6-week study of Mary Shelly’s Frankenstein.
Students will look at contemporary articles in which they review criminal psychology, modern scientific experiments, and pop-culture referencing science going wrong (Jurassic Park). They will also attempt to view things from different perspectives.
The unit plan offers:
- Pacing Guide
- Intro to Gothic Literature PP
- Daily Essential Questions
- Daily journal prompts (already put onto a PP presentation to display)
- Daily discussion points in which students consider how monsters are made, critical look at the justice system, and if science ever goes too far
- Mini research activity that has students look at criminal psychology and childhood trauma as well as research 1 of 3 serial killers to prepare for a seminar or mock debate connected with the book
- 3 days of detailed and research backed daily lessons
- 1 short comprehension quiz over chapters 1-9
- Analysis and comparison activity with a canto from Paradise Lost
- 2 essay prompt ideas for differentiation.