This is a great introduction to the concept of a square.
It is suitable for a Kindergarten – Grade 1 student.
Perfect resource for homeschoolers and teachers alike.
Hours of time go into each each resource.
The purpose of this activity is for children to:
• Explain the square is a special figure with four equal sides.
• Identify squares in their environment.
• Write (Copy) the word ‘square’ at the top of the page.
• Trace the square from the card stencil.
• Draw squares.
• Cut squares out of paper.
(Extension activity: build a series of squares out of triangles)
This interactive geometry lesson will be a fun, engaging, and didactic way for your students and children to apply geometry concepts.
Using this interactive geometry method will allow students to:
• capture their work visually and didactically;
• develop organization skills;
• work at their own pace;
• demonstrate understanding of concepts; and,
• have a visually pleasing keepsake.