These silly Groundhog Day poem activities are perfect for shared reading, group or individual activities, or as a center! It includes fun literacy activities with suggested hand motions, sequencing, puppets for retelling, a craftivity, and more!
I have included 2 versions of the poem. One with the groundhog seeing his shadow (winter) and one with the groundhog not seeing his shadow (spring). Each version is marked by a flower (spring-no shadow) and groundhog with a shadow (winter-shadow). There are differentiated writing pages as well.
Table of Contents:
1. 5 little groundhogs 2 versions.
2. Put the poem in order.
3. Sequence the 5 little groundhogs poem.
4. Highlight the rhyming words.
5. Write your own rhyming poem.
6. Writing prompts with differentiated pages.
- If I were a groundhog…
- If I could predict the weather…
7. Groundhog craftivity.
8. 5 little groundhogs flipbook.
9. 5 little groundhogs mini-book.
10. 5 little groundhogs puppets in color and b/w.
11. 2 backgrounds to retell the poem. In color and b/w.
12. 3 pattern pages. AB, AAB, ABC.
13. Which one is not the same? Find the one that is different pages.
14. Which animals hibernate? Write the name under the correct shadow.