Hands On Engineering: Fall – Autumn Themed Making & Design Challenges are for lower and middle Elementary students & homeschoolers. This unit includes hot weather engineering challenges which use the design process and can be completed over four weeks
- Make a tool to clear up leaves
- Make an apple tower
- Make a leaf mobile
- Make something to keep your feet dry
Tangible Learning aims to make STEM learning accessible, hands on & fun. The materials involved are affordable, everyday items.
These 64 pages of activities are designed to be completed over a month, one per week. Children should be given adequate time to prototype, refine and share their creations.
Each Engineering unit consists of a Design Process bulletin board poster, a small design process poster for students and 4 challenges. Whilst these challenges can be done alone, I would encourage children to work in groups. Each challenge includes
- A description of the problem (Color, B&W)
- 1 detailed & 1 simple challenge card (Color, B&W)
- Materials & Response card- feel free to follow these cards exactly or substitute with your own materials (color, B&W)
- Planning Page with prompts
- Creation Process Page
- Prototype Improvement Page
- Research pages- Use these for the early years, older children can also do their own research
- 1 note page
Get your FREE STEM resource checklist here.
And don’t forget to follow me on Made By Teachers to find out when my new resources come out!