Hands On Engineering: St Patrick’s Day Themed Making & Design Challenges are for lower and middle Elementary students. This unit includes four leprechaun engineering challenges which use the design process and can be completed over four weeks
- Create a rainbow bridge
- Make a pot to store the leprechaun’s gold
- Make a leprechaun trap
- Make a tower for the leprechaun to store his gold
Tangible Learning aims to make STEM learning accessible, hands on & fun. The materials involved are affordable, everyday items.
These 68 pages of activities are designed to be completed over a month, one per week. Children should be given adequate time to prototype, refine and share their creations.
Each Engineering unit consists of a Design Process bulletin board poster, a small design process poster for students and 4 challenges. Whilst these challenges can be done alone, I would encourage children to work in groups.
Each challenge includes
- A description of the problem (Color, B&W)
- 1 detailed & 1 simple challenge card (Color, B&W)
- Materials & Response card- feel free to follow these cards exactly or substitute with your own materials (color, B&W)
- Planning Page with prompts
- Creation Process Page
- Prototype Improvement Page
- Research pages- Use these for the early years, older children can also do their own research
- 1 note page