Hands On Engineering: Valentine’s Day Themed Making & Design Challenges are for lower and middle Elementary students & homeschoolers. This unit includes some fun engineering challenges which use the design process and can be completed over four weeks
- Make a Candy Box
- Build a Candy Tower
- Make Cupid’s Bow & Arrow
- Make a Letter Box for Valentine’s Day Messages
Tangible Learning aims to make STEM learning accessible, hands on & fun. The materials involved are affordable, everyday items.
These 67 pages of activities are designed to be completed over a month, one per week. Children should be given adequate time to prototype, refine and share their creations.
Each Engineering unit consists of a Design Process bulletin board poster, a small design process poster for students and 4 challenges. Whilst these challenges can be done alone, I would encourage children to work in groups.
Each challenge includes
- A description of the problem (Color, B&W)
- 1 detailed & 1 simple challenge card (Color, B&W)
- Materials & Response card- feel free to follow these cards exactly or substitute with your own materials (color, B&W)
- Planning Page with prompts
- Creation Process Page
- Prototype Improvement Page
- Research pages- Use these for the early years, older children can also do their own research
- 1 note page
Get your FREE STEM resource checklist here.
You can find more seasonal engineering challenges here-
Hands on Engineering: Summer STEM Themed Design & Making Challenge
Hands on Engineering: Christmas STEM Themed Design & Making Challenge
Hands on Engineering: Halloween STEM Themed Design & Making Challenge
And don’t forget to follow me on Made By Teachers to find out when my new resources come out!