This File Folder is a great concrete way for students to explore Helpful and Unhelpful Coping Skills.
Students are encouraged to match and sort the various Coping Skills and reflect on whether they are Helpful or Unhelpful.
This resource is versatile and can be used as a quick reference guide, a sort and match activity lesson, within individual or small group sessions or even as a supplement to your SEL lessons! Laminate and glue this resource to a file folder for repeated use and longevity.
You will need scissors, glue and a file folder. Alternatively, you can assemble this resource using hook and look adhesive dots. Simply apply these to the page templates of Helpful and Unhelpful Coping Skills and use the sorting cards to encourage students to differentiate and reflect on the various skills.
This resource includes the following:
– About this Resource
– Reflection time
– Title Pages for the File Folder
– Answer Keys
– Sorting Templates
– Coping Skill Cards in Colour
– Black and White Coping Skill Cards for Colouring Version
– Create your own Choices Template
– Back Cover Option – “I have Helpful Coping Skills” poster and Colouring page.