$14.50 Multi-licenses $14.00
Geography Center: Famous Places Match – Human and Natural Features Complete Bundle includes 4 sets of matching activities designed to improve or reinforce knowledge of significant and notable landmarks on our planet.
The human features included in Set 1:
- Buenos Aires Obelisk (Argentina), Sydney Opera House (Australia), Machu Picchu (Peru), Cathedral of Brasília (Brazil), Las Lajas Sanctuary (Columbia), The Parthenon (Greece), The Eiffel Tower (France), Sagrada Familia (Spain), Tower Bridge (England), Neuschwanstein Castle (Germany), Abuja National Mosque (Nigeria), The Pyramids of Giza (Egypt), Aït Benhaddou (Morocco), Afrikaans Language Monument (South Africa), The Rock-hewn Churches of Lalibela (Ethiopia), The Great Wall of China (China), The White Temple (Thailand), The Petronas Towers (Malaysia), The Blue Mosque (Turkey), The Taj Mahal (India), Chichen Itza (Mexico), The Statue of Liberty (United States), CN Tower (Canada), Tikal National Park (Guatemala), Golden Gate Bridge (United States)
The human features included in Set 2:
- Hobbiton (New Zealand), Christ the Redeemer (Brazil), Port Arthur Historic Site (Australia), Easter Island Moai Statues (Chile), San Ignacio Miní (Argentina), The Colosseum (Italy), Vasco Da Gama Bridge (Portugal), The Louvre (France), Charles Bridge (Czech Republic), Big Ben (England), Leptis Magna (Libya), The Union Buildings (South Africa), Great Mosque of Djenne (Mali), The Great Sphinx of Giza (Egypt), Meroë (Sudan), Red Square (Russia), Angkor Wat (Cambodia), The Shwedagon Pagoda (Myanmar), The Burj Khalifa (United Arab Emirates), Borobudur (Indonesia), The Gateway Arch (United States), The Angel of Independence (Mexico), Château Frontenac (Canada), Teotihuacan (Mexico), Times Square (United States)
The natural features included in Set 1:
- The Perito Moreno Glacier (Argentina), Great Barrier Reef (Australia), Salar de Uyuni (Bolivia), Hokitika Gorge (New Zealand), Iguazú Falls (Brazil/Argentina), Northern Lights in Lapland (Finland), Eisriesenwelt Cave (Austria), Geiranger Fjord (Norway), The White Cliffs of Dover (England), Verdon Gorge (France), The White Desert (Egypt), Zuma Rock (Nigeria), Kruger National Park (South Africa), Mount Kilimanjaro (Tanzania), The Blue Nile Falls (Ethiopia), The Chocolate Hills (The Philippines), Mount Bromo (Indonesia), Pamukkale (Turkey), Mount Fuji (Japan), Halong Bay (Vietnam), Niagara Falls (United States/Canada), Yellowstone National Park (United States), The Copper Canyon (Mexico), Mendenhall Ice Caves (United States), Moraine Lake (Canada)
The natural features included in Set 2:
- Lake Hillier (Australia), Mount Fitz Roy (Argentina/Chile), The Amazon River (South America), Wai-O-Tapu (New Zealand), Uluru (Australia), Plitvice Lakes National Park (Croatia), The Crooked Forest (Poland), The Pulpit Rock (Norway), Đavolja Varoš (Serbia), The Cliffs of Moher (Ireland), The Danakil Depression (Ethiopia), Table Mountain (South Africa), Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe), Avenue of the Baobabs (Madagascar), The Lava Lake of Mount Nyiragongo (Democratic Republic of Congo), Lake Baikal (Russia), The Shilin Stone Forest (China), The Kuang Si Waterfalls (Laos), Lion’s Rock (Sri Lanka), The Mayon Volcano (The Philippines), The Multnomah Falls (United States), Aurora Borealis (Canada), The Great Blue Hole (Belize), The Rocky Mountains (Canada/United States), The Grand Canyon (United States)
- 304 cards (100 matches and one title card per set).
- PDF and PNG files.
- Print, laminate and cut the individual cards.
- Mix the cards. Using the imbedded arrows, have students match the picture with the name and the country.
- Cards can be divided into as few or as many sets as required. They are also complimentary with other sets.
includes 4 sets of fun, general knowledge task cards. Questions are based on 100 famous human and natural features in our wondrous world. The 5 categories are arranged by continents:
- South America and Oceania
- North America
- 100 Multiple Choice Task Cards and 1 Title Card
- Student Sheet
- Answer Key
- PDF and PNG Files
- Print, laminate and cut the individual cards (p. 2-8)
- Print out just the questions for the students (p. 9-10).
- Students progressively research their answers on the internet (some questions require creative and skilful research skills!) Teachers may wish to have students work in pairs to research their answers. It is helpful if a time limit for research is imposed to ensure students stay on task. To make it challenging, I make it only about 30 or 45 minutes, so students need to be strategic with the questions they research.
- From experience, this is a much better learning experience. There appears to be so much more student satisfaction when students actually know an answer that they have found during their research as opposed to giving it their best guess.
- Even without assigning the research questions first, the task cards by themselves have still proved be a thoroughly enjoyable and engaging activity.
- At the end, students can check their answers with the answer key and add up their totals.
- The quiz could also be used as an ice-breaker for a new group of students, as a staff team-building activity or end-of-year gathering.
- Teachers can of course adapt the quiz and the rules to better suit their classroom environment.