This Social Narrative supports children’s understanding of the importance of eating and drinking food as well as emphasise their ability to eat and drink food independently.
A five step process is included which helps to support children who may present with fussy eating patterns as well as a co-dependence parents and/or other carers to feed them.
This Social Narrative is highly visual with colourful and engaging visuals to support information retention and understanding.
This Social Narrative explores:
– Why we need to eat and drink
– Correlation between eating food = big, strong, healthy
– Correlation between not eating = sick and unhealthy
– Feeling Myself
– When I should eat (breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks)
– Different types of foods (everyday foods and sometimes foods)
– When I don’t feel Hungry
– My Special Trick (5 step trick to encourage trying new foods and eating independently)
– Feeling anxious and using Dragon Breathing
– Dragon Breathing Colouring Page