This mini lesson explores a fundamental executive functioning skill of self control and impulse control. This resource is creative and uses illustrations, metaphors and analogies to support students to reflect on the opportunities and choices they can make. This is a simple and easy NO PROP resource with an abundance of psychoeducation material, worksheets, activities and much more! Impulse control can be reinforced to help students succeed and this mini-lesson covers everything you will need to provide a great foundation for students to build on. Great for students who may struggle to think before they act, who have ADHD or could benefit from considering the consequences of their actions.
This mini-lesson explores:
– What is Impulse Control? – what are impulses? Examples of good and bad impulses and how we can control these impulses.
– Self Reflection Questionnaire about impulsivity
– STOP & THINK Strategy
– Brain is like a Remote Control – exploring our “buttons” and their implications and consequences. This includes “Pausing and Stopping”.
– Exploring Actions and Consequences
– Making Better Choices – Emotional Regulation Strategies
– Think it out examples and template
– Review Questionnaire
THIS MINI LESSON IS A GREAT ADDITION TO YOUR COUNSELLING OR SEL LESSONS! GREAT FOR INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP WORK.