– Students are encouraged to read the text 3 times with stars to color each time they read.
– Simple illustrations help provide context.
– Students will refer back to the text to answer three questions per story.
– All passages include common kindergarten-level sight words.
– Each passage also includes a skill activity such as coloring a picture to match information provided in the story or writing a sight word found in the story.
– Every passage includes a “Talk About The Text” activity. This is designed to encourage parent involvement with the adult asking the child questions about what they read. These questions involve making inferences or interpreting the text in some way.