Files will be available for download from your account once payment is confirmed. Learn more.
Please contact the seller about any problems with your order using the question button below the description.
Help high school students go beyond basic plot recall and develop close reading analysis skills with this set of high-order questions covering Act 3, scene 3, of William Shakespeare’s King Lear. Delivered in printable Word Document and PDF formats, this worksheet saves English Language Arts teachers valuable time at home without sacrificing rigor in the classroom. An answer key is provided. By engaging with this close reading activity, students will:
- Identify what the text states explicitly and implicitly
- Define words/phrases as they are used in the text
- Verify interpretations of language using reference materials
- Examine how complex characters think, behave, interact, and develop
- Apply knowledge of literary devices including consonance, dramatic irony, and situational irony
- Support claims and inferences with sound reasoning and relevant evidence
- Write about Shakespearean drama with clarity, accuracy, and precision
This resource may facilitate small-group discussions in which students decode language and pose/respond to questions relating to plot, broad topics, and character development. Using this resource for structured guidance, students will improve their ability to present information, conclusions, and supporting textual evidence clearly and convincingly.
Materials are available for teaching a variety of texts such as: