Do your students struggle with making inferences?
These no-prep inference worksheets give students practice searching for clues to make inferences and creating riddles to be “on the other end” of inferencing.
What an EASY way to make inferencing FUN for your students with these short stories for inferencing!
This inferencing product contains:
- Two instructional pages with examples and explanations (anchor charts) of making inferences
- Ten inferencing passages and related questions designed to show students how inferencing works (these pages also incorporate the inferencing equation with the puzzle pieces)
- Ten pages of riddles where students use inferencing skills to solve the riddle as well as space on each page to create their own riddle (using the same category as the riddle that they solved)
Allowing students to use a variety of inferencing activities increases their understanding of inferencing. For example, creating riddles helps students use inferencing skills at a deeper level.
NOTE: This product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The digital portion instructions appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
This file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides™.
Please click on the preview to see a sample of the layout and send me a message if you have any questions!
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.