Spiral important literacy skills in a short amount of time each day – while still capturing students’ love of picture books and being read to. Read and revisit the text daily, while your students listen, think, talk, and write in response to the text.
March Power Read-Alouds represent 5 age-appropriate genres of text:
March Power Read-Aloud titles include:
- by Judy Schachner
- by Philip Wilkinson
- “A Remarkable Adventure” from by Jack Prelutsky
- by Kathleen Krull
- by Tomie dePaola
Each Power Read-Aloud includes practice with the following skills:
- Monitoring thinking both during and after reading
- Comprehension written response
- Vocabulary 5-Square (definition, picture, synonyms, antonyms, sentence)
- Inferring with a Picture
- Challenge Quiz (questions with multiple-choice answers)
Power Read-Alouds are designed to be paper-saving booklets – each 8-page response booklet uses just 2 sheets of paper per student! I have also included an answer key for the Challenge Quiz questions, as well as a BINGO sheet for tracking student progress with each Power Read-Aloud.
Please note – the picture books used for each Power Read-Aloud are not included in this download.
Please take a look at the preview before purchasing and enjoying!
All pictures from www.depositphotos.com and www.pixabay.com