This guided Marian Anderson Biography or Bio Poem Activity is a great research and poetry writing activity for Black History Month, literacy or poetry center, substitute file or any time of year!
This poem has a biographical research slant to it. Students are asked to research the person and find the following information:
1. First and Last Name
2. 3-4 words that describe the person
3. an important relationship the person had
4. things the person enjoyed
5. things the person valued
6. things the person learned
7. things the person achieved
8. something the person is remembered for
9. where the person lived
10. date of birth and death
This resource includes the following options:
- Graphic Organizer guides students to brainstorm words and ideas they will need for the poem as they read and study about the person.
- Draft page. This page guides students to fill in each line. Then, they do a spell check with each other and you.
- 2 Final Draft Writing Pages – LETTER Sized (8.5″ x 11″) Color and B&W Clip Art versions. Students write the final draft of their entire poem.
- 2 Final Draft Writing Pages – LEGAL Sized (8.5″ x 14″) Color and B&W Clip Art versions. Great for students with larger handwriting or who need more space! Students write the final draft of their entire poem.
It also includes the following:
- Table of Contents
- Teacher Example of the Rough Draft Page. Abraham Lincoln is used on this example page.
- Teacher Example of the Final Draft Page. Abraham Lincoln is used on this example page.
Like this activity? It’s also included in the Black History Bio Poem and Writing Papers Set.
OR….Check out the Biography Poem Activity and Papers MEGA BUNDLE and $ave!