It’s time to get those bodies moving! No one wants to sit still all day. These movement cards get your students up and moving and thinking creatively.
Here are some ways to use these 28 Spring themed cards:
- Use as a brain break between lessons/classes (use during virtual/remote school during Zoom/video calls/meetings)
- Use when lining up for a transition
- Use when waiting (waiting for the bus, waiting for students to line up, waiting for anything!)
- Use as a recess or rainy day recess activity
- Use during a holiday or thematic unit as a supplemental activity
- Use during Morning Basket, Circle Time, Morning Meeting to engage students
- Use as an attention getter
- Use while learning about verbs/actions (identify the verbs on each card)
These cards are open for interpretation. There is no “wrong” way for students to show their movements. This gives them an opportunity to use their imagination and build gross motor skills while pretending and acting things out.
You have four options for printing:
- Print in color with a front and back: If you’d like the cards to have matching backsides, print double sided
- Print in color with no back: If you don’t need/want a backside to your cards
- Print in black and white with a front and back: If you’d like the cards to be in black and white and have matching backsides, print double sided
- Print in black and white with no back: If you don’t need/want a backside to your black and white cards
*If you opt for black and white, the cards would be fun on colored papers. Don’t forget to laminate for durability!
*A matching label is included for easy storage of your cards!