These 3rd grade number of the day math activities will strengthen your students’ number sense and math skills that fall under the domain of Number & Operations in Base Ten. This includes place value, rounding, addition, and subtraction.
Each day starts with a 3- or 4-digit number. Students will use that number to:
- Use mental math to find 10 more, 10 less, 100 more, and 100 less
- Add with and without regrouping
- Round to the nearest ten and nearest hundred
- Write expanded form
- Determine even or odd
In addition to the above, on Friday students will use the daily numbers from Monday through Thursday to:
- Order numbers
The consistent format of these number of the day activities allow students to complete them independently. They progress in difficulty as the weeks go by. Week one uses only 3-digit numbers. By week nine, all of the numbers are 4-digits. The addition and subtraction eventually includes regrouping in multiple columns and working with zeroes.
- 9 weeks of daily math practice
- Answer keys
- Blank template to use with your own numbers or extend past the 9 weeks that are provided