There are few things more fun to teach than figures of speech! These personification anchor charts, task cards, and activities don’t feel like work because they are engaging and fun!
You will find everything you need to provide a fun opportunity for students to learn all about personification.
These personification activities are perfect for teachers who want their 3rd-6th graders to better understand how personification enhances the written and spoken word.
This product includes:
- 3 instructional pages
- a personification word list (2 pages with over 150 words) for common human traits and actions that can be used to personify writing
- 36 personification task cards with a variety of questions
- a task card answers sheet (2 pages)
- a task card answer key (2 pages)
- 4 pages of activities
NOTE: Please refer to the final seven pages of the product for digital links and instructions.
NOTE: This product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The digital portion instructions appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
This file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides™.
This personification figurative language product is ONE LESSON in a series of EIGHT LESSONS.
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.