This is a creative and engaging intervention based on Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TFCBT) principles to support students to explore Physical Abuse.
This mini-lesson explores the following key areas:
– What is Physical Abuse and examples?
– Exploring fault/blame mentality
– Discipline Vs Abuse Concepts
– Exploring Secrets
– Reflective Questions (feelings, thoughts, what if and what would you do questions?
– Practice calling for help in emergencies
– Exploring what you would do if you were not believed or listened too
– Your “Helping Hand” – exploring those who are in their support system
– Other Contacts
NOTE – The purpose of this resource is to support children’s understanding of this topic to help them keep safe. Education helps to keep our children safe and work towards reducing violence and abuse in the community. At All Therapy resources we are devoted to increasing awareness of all aspects of children’s safety, particularly that of personal safety and protective behaviours within Family Violence Systems.
This resource is more question and reflective based as opposed to psych educative. This resource has been created with a trauma-informed framework in mind to ensure that regardless of the student audience the questions can be utilized as either a foundation on which to either ascertain current knowledge or to ascertain thoughts and feelings on the subject matter. From such foundation, these questions allow students to grown in their knowledge and insight on this topic.
NOTE: Therapists are encouraged to utilize their own therapeutic and clinical judgment and insight as to how to utilize this resource.