Gravity is something that we all experience at every moment of our lives. However, we rarely give any thought about how gravity works. This is a great lab because it gives each of the students an opportunity to contemplate and investigate something that they constantly experience.
Do objects fall with a constant velocity or do they accelerate? You might be shocked by what most people think.
Have your students come up with experiments on their own that will guide them to the answer. Just provide your students with a free slow-motion app, stopwatch, and meter sticks and they will be on their way.
This is an NGSS-aligned lesson. Your students will engage in three-dimensional learning by analyzing and interpreting data, discussing with other students, and forming their own unique experiments.
What is Included [FULLY EDITABLE]:
– For THREE different levels of students (CP, Honors, and AP)
– Step-by-step instructions to get students started on their lab
– Just print and you’re ready to start
– Detailed layout of how to introduce and do the activity (3 different methods)
– Every step has answers to the correct procedure with a point system
– Includes instructional video