This Poetry Activities ELA Reading Test Prep Lesson Pack uses the Common Core standards and contains QUESTIONS and ANSWERS for the poem “My Shadow” by Stevenson modeled after various state exams. This lesson with reading comprehension activities and a test prep quiz would be great for 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders!
Teaching Poetry Doesn’t Have To Be Tough!
One of the things I struggle with the most is preparing my students for all kinds of exams that they will encounter. With this EASY-TO-TEACH Lesson Packet, you can practice with your students, so they will feel more confident analyzing poetry. It is great for pull-outs, push-ins, whole group, small group, or sub plans!
Give yourself a breath of fresh air with this NO PREP curriculum that integrates test prep within the teaching of literature!
Just PRINT & TEACH!
Types of Questions:
- Multiple Choice
- HOT Text
- 2 Part Questions
This product includes the following:
- A copy of the poem “My Shadow” by Robert Louis Stevenson in Color & B/W
- 12 Common Core Style Questions and Answers in Color & B/W
- Answer Keys and Explanations
- Detailed Lesson Plan
- 3 Reading Activities (My Shadow and Me Textual Evidence Activity, I See My Shadow Visualization Activity, and Reading Questions) with differentiated options! in Color & B/W
- Format: 2 Page Quiz (smaller font) or 3 Page Quiz (larger font) in Color & B/W
- Covers Theme, Central Idea, Words/Phrases, Citing Evidence (Details), Characterization, and Structure