This Poetry Comprehension Reading Test Prep Lesson Pack uses the Common Core standards and contains QUESTIONS and ANSWERS modeled after various state exams (for the poem “At the Zoo” by Thackeray). This lesson with activities and a test prep quiz would be great for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th graders!
One of the things I struggle with the most is preparing my students for all kinds of exams that they will encounter. With this EASY-TO-TEACH Lesson Packet, you can practice with your students, so they will feel more confident analyzing poetry. It is great for pull-outs, push-ins, whole group, small group, or sub plans!
Give yourself a breath of fresh air with this NO PREP curriculum that integrates test prep within the teaching of literature!
Just PRINT & TEACH!
Types of Questions:
- Multiple Choice
- 2 Part Questions
This product includes the following:
- A copy of the poem “At the Zoo” by William Makepeace Thackeray
- 10 Common Core Style Questions and Answers
- Answer Key and Explanations
- Detailed Lesson Plan
- 3 Reading Activities (Visualization Graphic Organizer, Reading Questions, and Poetry Writing Activity)
- Covers Theme, Central Idea, Words/Phrases, Citing Evidence (Details), and Structure
- In Color and B&W