This engaging math center is an activity to help assist your students in sorting polygons into categories based on their attributes. This aligns with the common core standard of 3.G.1. but can be used for multiple grade levels. Your students will enjoy sorting the polygons with this hands-on activity!
With This Product You’ll Get:
- A cut-and-paste printable that can be used for centers for individual students
- A variety of cards that cover multiple concepts (see below)
- A printable and digital version
- A color version and black and white version
- An answer key
Concepts this resource covers:
In this activity, students will sort a variety of cards (images, words, clues) into categories based on their characteristics and attributes:
- Regular and irregular polygons
- Polygons and not polygons
- Closed and open figures
Students will need to take note that some polygons belong to multiple categories. For example, a square is also a rectangle, a parallelogram, and a quadrilateral.