Files will be available for download from your account once payment is confirmed. Learn more.
Please contact the seller about any problems with your order using the question button below the description.
Give your students extra practice with using possessive pronouns with this fun grammar activity! This engaging Write the Room activity allows you to ditch your traditional worksheets and get your students up and moving around the classroom while they reinforce valuable grammar skills.
Grammar skills such as using possessive pronouns are important and should be taught and reinforced… however, traditional lessons and activities can be such a bore for students (and teachers)! Write the Room activities provide a little twist as students search the room for cards and respond on a recording sheet they carry with them (usually on a clipboard). Kids love having the opportunity to walk freely around the classroom searching for cards! (Plus, you will love that students are focused on using possessive pronouns and having fun at the same time!)
Here’s What’s Included:
- 18 Numbered Cards that reinforce using correct possessive pronouns without sacrificing fun! I’ve included a color and a black and white version you can print on colored paper to save ink!
- A Possessive Pronouns Recording Sheet that is simple to understand and use. Your students can record their answers on this sheet. This keeps your students accountable for their learning and helps you see which students are “getting it” and which need more support.
- An Answer Key you can use to check your students’ work or give to them to check their own work!
While grammar lessons are usually included in district-provided reading programs, the activities are often dull and teacher-driven. I wanted to create a versatile activity for my students that would reinforce using correct possessive pronouns without sacrificing a ton of time during our busy day. This possessive pronoun activity is predictable allowing students to work independently without interrupting you while you work with other students!
Write the Room activities are a hit with students. They are so easy to prep and kids LOVE the opportunity to go “hunting” around the room for the cards. Write the Room activities are an easy way to “hack” those more boring (but necessary) objectives.
This Possessive Pronouns activity is dynamic and can be used in so many different ways!
- Display the cards around the room for a Write the Room activity.
- Set them up on desks as a Scoot activity.
- Put them in a center or workstation.
- Use them as task cards.
- Guide students through the activity for small group intervention.
- Complete the activity together during whole group instruction/practice.
What Teachers are saying About My Write the Room Grammar Activities
“We are learning about this grammar skill and it is perfect. The options are more than just Write the Room. I can use this material for small group intervention.” –Kim W.
“Thanks for this engaging activity. I love that kids are up, moving, reading, writing, and learning. What a great combination!” –Anne G.
“I have never seen first graders so excited about grammar.” – Elizabeth P.
“Great resource, my students love Write the Room as it lets them get out of their seats with a purpose.” – Jeannine B.
My students looked forward to Write the Room activities every week. Yours will, too!
Copyright © Melissa Glenn | Real Life in the Classroom
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.